Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Squirrel Fever


OK. You see this dog?
<------------

This is how she spends most of her time. Snoring on the carpet.

However, as of late, glorious Spring has roused the young chipper squirrels from their long winter naps and Maggie has a squirrel obsession.

I think it's adorable. Her tail gets wagging. Her ears perk up and she looks 5 years younger.

The only problem: Now that we live in an apartment she has to do her squirrel chasing on my time because I have to walk her. This means that when I say "You wanna go out?" she now gets very excited. However, she is not excited because she needs to go to the bathroom. It is because she may get to chase a squirrel. Unfortunately this means that I have to get dragged all over the complex by a 60 lb dog who is hell bent on checking every tree for little gray twitchy critters.

Yesterday this 8 year old fat lazy dog attempted to climb a tree to get a squirrel. That was actually pretty hilarious. Today she got us stuck wrapped around someone else's car when she went through some prickly bushes trying to a get a squirrel that I'm fairly certain was playing a game with us. Anyway that was not nearly as funny since I had to let go of her leash and then chase her down in my rain boots. *sigh*

In short. It makes me miss winter when the squirrels were hibernating.

Well...off to my dentist appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment